Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Coachella Bandana | DIY


I was in free people the other week and saw a bandana that was to die for. Bandanas have been a recent obsession of mine so when I saw this I had to have it, but couldn't bear to pay fifty dollars for it... So I thought since Free People is stocked with the ultimate festival wear and it is Coachella season I would do a little DIY. 

It's all about the accessories to complete that Coachella outfit and a bandana to keep the dust out of your face it key. I'm sure you all have a bandana laying around your house from your childhood camp days, so why not take that old bandana and make it new! Keep the dust out of your face and look cool while doing it. (Or just pretend you are at Coachella, but are actually studying for exams like me.)








Claudia Sulewski sporting the bandana at Coachella 2016



All you need is; a bandana, old jewellery/ chains from the craft store, pliers, marker, ruler, thread and a needle.




1. Start by taking the pliers and removing the chains from the base of the necklace. This step may not apply to everyone depending on the jewels you decide to use, but you get the gist of it. 




2. They should look something like this when you are done. 



3.  Fold the bandana in half, take the marker and make a dot where you want each jewellery piece to go. I started at the centre point and made each dot 1 inch apart.



4. THREAD THAT NEEDLE!!!



5. Begin to sew on each piece by hand. Be sure to only sew through the top layer!



6. Sew until you have your desired look.



Here is my completed look. Make sure to comment below if you try it out, I want to see all the creative outcomes!









No comments:

Post a Comment